Monday 27 May 2013

Fan Thoughts: @BenceB5

Liverpool fan @BenceB5 answers five quick LFC related questions in today’s Fan Thoughts. What do you think of his answers?


What is your first memory of being a Liverpool fan?

Liverpool have always been a major part of my life due to my dad being a massive LFC fan too, but the first memory I can really recall is the 2001 FA Cup final against Arsenal. Michael Owen won us the game with his brace and my dad and his mates went mad!


Describe your actions/feelings at halftime of Istanbul.

I was shattered; we’ve come so close yet so far away. Didn’t think we stood a chance in the second half, however fortunately I was wrong!


Name your LFC best XI, from players you have watched.

In goal I’d definitely have Pepe Reina, he has been a great servant at Liverpool and some of the saves he makes are often outstanding. Right back is a tough choice as we’ve had so many superb players playing in that position since I’ve supported the club, however my pick is Arbeloa, a magnificent defender but also great going forward. The two centre backs for me would definitely be Jamie Carragher and Sami Hyypia, they were both phenomenal defenders throughout their time with the Reds and they always put their body on the line for the club. Left back has to be John Arne Riise, he scored a few belters at Liverpool but was equally brilliant at defending, the club have found it difficult to replace him since his departure.

Furthermore I’d have a midfield three of Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso and Didi Hamann – all brilliant all round midfielders who are capable of popping up in the box but also have the ability to sit deep and defend at crucial times.

Lastly I’d have three upfronts. On the left my pick is Luis Suarez, he’s a nighmare for any defender and has been phenomenal since he moved to the club. In the middle it would be the prolific Robbie Fowler who’ll score you goals from anywhere. Finally, my last choice is kind of controversial I guess, as on the right I’d have Fernando Torres, the Spaniard had a splendid spell at the club, before it came to an unfurtunate end with Torres opting to join Chelsea.


Who is your favourite player to have never been at LFC, and why?

Zidenine Zidane – One of the best players that I’ve ever seen play football, he was just extraordinary and I would have loved to see him link up with Stevie G.


Name five realistic signings you would make this summer, if you were Brendan Rodgers.

1.      We’ll need defensive cover with Carra, Coates and Skrtel possibly all departing the club, so I’d like us to sign Papadopoulos, from what I’ve heard/seen he looks like a massive talent and could be a great aqcuistion.

2.      If Reina leaves I’d like us to replace him with Begovic who has been fantastic at Stoke this season.

3.      In my opinion we’ll need to sign another defender, my choice would be Kurt Zouma, a young centre back who’s extremely highly rated.

4.      I’d like us to sign a couple of wingers too, especially if Downing leaves. My first choice would be Hatem Ben Arfa, he’s full of trickery and flair, could be the perfect match for Liverpool, although he’s attitude seems to be an issue.

5.      My last choice would be Lucas Piazon,  a young Brazillian talent, plays a bit like Oscar but has also been likened to Kaka. He’s understood to be unhappy at Chelsea due to the lack of first team opportunities he’s had and wants to leave the Blues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment